warm wintery vegan stew
A hearty warming meal packed with antioxidants, fiber-rich veggies, and lots of chewable texture (really, the only way stew should be). Vegan. Gluten-free.
Write a review
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups eggplant, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed and chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, sliced into ribbons
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 large can diced tomatoes (about 2.5 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1. Heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; sautee until soft.
- 2. Add eggplant, carrot, sweet potato, and cabbage; cook 3-4 minutes more.
- 3. Slowly add water, stirring to combine.
- 4. Add tomato, beans, and spices. Stir.
- 5. Cover and let cook 15-20 minutes more, until veggies are tender.
From The Ground Up Wellness http://fromthegroundupwellness.com/