A quick post today, written between afternoon rehearsal and the evening performance - it's one of those [highly-motivating] hectic weeks! I've been trying to fit two careers-worth of work (plus social time and home time and all of those other responsibilities) into 18 waking hours each day. [I'm stage managing a super-cool kids short-play festival for the next couple of weeks -- it's what inspired last week's food prep-stravaganza]. These are the weeks when preparing in advance absolutely saves me -- and when I find quick and easy ways to fuel for the day, everything seems a little easier!
In the spirit of stage management:
Standby: an assortment of bits from the most recent food prep-stravaganza.
Massaged kale + tempeh + roasted squash... Go.
This would be great for lunch or dinner - if you have the ingredients prepared in advance, it takes about 60 seconds to throw together. Tony Award winning, I must say!
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1/2 cup marinated baked tempeh, cubed
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash, chunked
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Combine kale and coconut oil; massage thoroughly with hands to coat.
- 2. Combine kale with remaining ingredients; toss.
- 3. Eat! (Feel really energized and go do awesome things with all that clean energy!)
More recipes coming soon. Have a great weekend! Will you have time to prepare some goodies for meals next week?